Colorado State University


We cannot respond to requests for legal assistance made by e-mail or by the web form on our contact page. If you, as a CSU student, are in need of legal information or assistance, please bring your student ID to Room 284 of the Lory Student Center to make an appointment.

Requesting a Continuance

In some situations, you may want to request a continuance in order to change the date of your court appearance.

If your arraignment is in Larimer County Court, go to the Clerk of Courts office, located on the first floor at 201 LaPorte Ave., at least 72 hours (3 days) in advance of your court date. Complete the court form for a continuance.

There is no fee for a continuance in County Court (per the Clerk of Courts 12/2/02). The maximum continuance is two weeks. Request a continuance in order to seek legal counsel. Make a note of the date and time of the new court date. Call the court clerk again the next day to verify your court date and time to ensure that the process was completed.